Pennsylvania schools are known throughout the world for their quality academic programs. Whether you dream of becoming a scientist, engineer, artist, musician, doctor, or poet, Pennsylvania has it all. With our broad variety of world-renowned educational programs across all disciplines, there is no better place to gain an education and launch your future.
Our Rankings Speak for Themselves
- Top tier institutions, among the best universities in the nation — US News & World Report
- "Best in the Northeast" — The Princeton Review
- Among top 100 universities in the United States — Educate to Career
- Top Colleges for Return on Investment — Affordable Colleges Online 2014
Notable Pennsylvania Alumni
- Christopher DiGiuseppe, Partner, Ernst & Young
- Robert Gault, World-wide Vice President, Cisco Systems
- Mike S. Zafirovski, former President of Motorola
- Joseph Newton Pew, founder of Sunoco
- Sue Cheng, President, ABD International
Pennsylvania offers a low cost of living so studying here is extremely affordable. Even so, don’t miss out on the numerous scholarship opportunities available to international students. Most schools award merit-based scholarships as part of the admission process—look for scholarship awards in your letters of admission.
- Most departments on campus also offer modest scholarships for students in their programs. Be sure to ask about those opportunities after arriving on campus.
- In order to maintain scholarships, you must maintain a certain level of academic achievement (usually a GPA of 3.5 of higher).
Authentic Immersive Environment
As the birthplace of our nation and one of the 13 original states, Pennsylvania offers a truly authentic American experience. People here are friendly, unassuming, and down-to-earth. While we have our fair share of diversity, we intermingle rather than form distinct cultural clusters. This is the best place to get a truly immersive American experience.
- When registering, schools often allow you to indicate housing preferences. Be sure to request an American roommate so you maximize your immersion while here.
- Americans love helping other people. Don’t be afraid to speak, even if your English skills are not strong. Your classmates will enjoy helping you. As we say, “practice makes perfect.”
Pennsylvania offers an ideal mix of urban and rural settings. Our cities are clean and walkable. Our small towns are accessible and have an unforgettable rustic charm. We have several international airports, opportunities for outdoor recreation abound in all directions, and we’re conveniently situated near major metro centers like Washington DC, New York City, Baltimore, Buffalo, and Boston.
Solid Career Prospects
Students who study in Pennsylvania graduate well-prepared for the workforce. In fact, most of our schools offer work-study and internship opportunities so you can obtain real-world work experience and vital career connections before graduation.
Furthermore, Pennsylvania is home to over one thousand billion-dollar global corporations, so students here are surrounded by attractive career opportunities.
- PNC Financial Services
- US Steel
- PPG Industries
- H.J. Heinz Company
Pursue Your Interests
Unlike in many other countries, American schools encourage students to explore their interests, and most American students change their major at least once before graduation.
Your education will influence what you do for the rest of your life, so be sure to take advantage of our diverse programs and pursue an education that you truly enjoy.
“One of my favorite memories is the fun that I had with my lovely American friends, who showed me their world and let me take part in it.”Anonymous Chinese undergraduate student studying in Pennsylvania